Welcome to your one-stop guide for understanding Imbibitor Lunae, also known as Dan Heng IL, in Honkai Star Rail.
He's not your average character; he can transform skill points into a powerful nuke!
In this guide, I will cover:
- Imbibitor Lunae's kit and how to use it
- Optimal relics and light cones for him
- The best team composition to maximize his damage
- How to build him with the right main stats and sub stats
The Comprehensive Guide to Mastering Imbibitor Lunae (Dan Heng IL) in Honkai Star Rail
Understanding Imbibitor Lunae's Role: The Hyper Carry
Imbibitor Lunae isn't your casual hero.
He's a hyper carry, meaning he wants all the team's skill points funneled to him for maximum damage output.
Skill Transformation: A Unique Mechanic
His basic attack is average until you activate his skill.
This skill doesn't consume a turn and can be activated up to three times, each time transforming the attack.
The ultimate transformation is called "Fulgurant Leap," which uses three skill points.
This move serves as the cornerstone of his entire skill kit, and all other abilities are designed to amplify its impact.
Imbibitor Lunae's abilities scale beautifully with skill points, and it's not just the damage.
Each skill point used enhances the number of hits, which in turn boosts his crit damage.
The more skill points you use, the more devastating his attack becomes.
The Importance of Buffs
The Ultimate: A Game-Changer
His ultimate attack targets three enemies and provides decent damage.
But here's the kicker: it grants Imbibitor Lunae a buff called "Squama Sacrosancta".
This buff offsets the skill point cost for his next Fulgurant Leap, making it even more potent.
Gear Up: Relics and Stats
For the body piece, aim for Crit Rate unless you've already hit 70%, then go for Crit DMG.
You'll also want to focus on Speed or ATK% for the boots piece. Speed offers a DPS boost but at the cost of skill point efficiency.
For the orb, Imaginary DMG is your best bet, and the rope should be focused on ATK%.
Prioritize Crit Rate and Crit Damage for sub-stats. ATK% and Speed are also valuable, but avoid Break Effect and Effect Hit Rate stats.
Light Cones and Relic Sets
Light Cones: The Key to Unleashing Power
Top Choices: Brighter than the Sun and Fall of an Eon
The Brighter than the Sun Light Cone is considered the most effective for Imbibitor Lunae, closely followed by Fall of an Eon.
These Light Cones are designed to maximize his damage output, making him a huge damage dealer..
Budget Option: Under the Blue Sky
"Under the Blue Sky" is a respectable 4-star option that still provides a decent boost to your stats.
It may not be as potent as the top-tier Light Cones, but it gets the job done. Requires Imbibitor Lunae to get a kill every 3 turns to maximize damage output.
Relic Sets: The Backbone of Any Build
The Rutilant Arena Set: The Gold Standard
The Rutilant Arena set is widely regarded as the go-to choice for Imbibitor Lunae.
This set not only boosts his Crit Rate but also provides additional benefits that synergize well with his skill set focused on basic attacks.
Space Sealing Station Set: A Solid Alternative
If the Rutilant Arena set isn't accessible for you or you can't reach 70% Crit Rate, the Space Sealing Station set is a worthy replacement.
While not as potent, it still offers a range of benefits that can help Imbibitor Lunae perform well like a great ATK boost.
Musketeer Set: Your Best Overall Choice
The Musketeer set is one of the best options for Imbibitor Lunae.
Provides an ATK boost and is easily farmable.
Wastelander of Banditry Set: A Tricky One
This set could be an excellent choice, but the 4-piece set comes with conditions that are hard to meet.
It requires another teammate to apply a debuff and the enemy to be imprisoned—conditions that Imbibitor Lunae can't fulfill on his own.
Trace Prioritization and Eidolons
Focus on leveling up all affordable traces.
When it comes to skill traces, prioritize the basic attack, then talent then ultimate.
Eidolons: Where to Stop Investing?
- E1: 2 Outroar stacks per hit up to 10 stacks, with each stack giving 10% damage.
- E2: Ideal stopping point for moderate spenders, offers a free level 3 basic attack right after ulting.
- E4: Makes Outroar last until his next turn instead of just at the end of his current turn.
- E6: For the big spenders, this level transforms Imbibitor Lunae into a DPS monster. 20% Imaginary Damage Penetration on his next 3 stack basic for every ally ult used, up to 60%.
Here's what a F2P Dan Heng IL can do:
Team Building for Skill Point Efficiency
Characters who can function well even with just basic attacks make the best teammates.
The team's focus should be on generating skill points, which Imbibitor Lunae will then convert into a devastating nuclear explosion.
Remember, speed is key. The faster your support characters can generate skill points, the more often Imbibitor Lunae can use his maxed-out basic attack.
Imbibitor Lunae's Playstyle Guide
Imbibitor Lunae is a selfish hypercarry DPS that demands teams built around him.
He has high skill point costs but deals massive damage when enhanced.
We'll cover different playstyles to maximize his potential.
Adaptable Basic Attacks
- Uses Fulgurant Leap when possible, Divine Spear (2x) or basics as filler
- Flexible skill point usage without sacrificing damage
- Allows supports to time buffs with Dan Heng IL's burst damage windows
- Comfortable once used to the skill point ebbs and flows
Pros: More support options, flexible skill point usage, easier to learn
Cons: Steep learning curve initially
Focused on Fulgurant Leap
- Maximizes damage by using Fulgurant Leap whenever possible
- Team provides constant skill point generation to enable this
- Requires Tingyun, Pela, and a sustain unit like Gepard
- Highest damage potential but very restrictive team building
Pros: Highest damage, consistent output
Cons: Expensive team build, limited options
Slow Dan Heng IL
- Enables his ultimate every two turns for more damage per skill point
- Requires high investment and Tingyun + signature light cone
- Lower support speed requirements but still demanding
Pros: Better damage per skill point usage, more support skill points
Cons: Extremely high investment costs
Fast Dan Heng IL
- Focuses on more overall actions via high speed
- Sacrifices ultimate uptime for more weakness breaking
- Still needs high speed but less demanding supports
Pros: Lower investment, flexible support options
Cons: Lower damage per action, drains his skill points faster
The best playstyle depends on your goals and available resources.
Adaptable Basic Attacks offers the best balance, while the other styles optimize specific aspects.
That wraps up this comprehensive guide to mastering Imbibitor Lunae.
Inbibitor Lune is a powerful damage-dealer but needs a team that can provide skill points through basic attacks.
You'll need to put in the work both in understanding his mechanics and building a team around him.
That said, he's incredibly rewarding and can be a free-to-play friendly option if you're willing to commit.