The Triangle Strategy Collaboration in Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent is just around the corner.
You might be wondering, "What's this collab event all about?" Well, the last Tavern Talk just dropped some big news.
We're here to break it down for you, from new game features to special characters.
Let's dive in!
The Master Guide to the Triangle Strategy Collab in Octopath Traveler: CotC
The Conviction Game Board
What's Special About This New Fortune Gameboard?
Unlike previous crossovers, this one doesn't bring any new hunts.
Instead, it introduces a permanent new feature: the Conviction's Gameboard.
The tickets and currency you get from this board are exclusive to this collab.
Imagine if Triangle Strategy characters were in the "Master of All" storyline.
Rewards to Look For
The main rewards you'll earn are Guidestones, Accessories, Serenoa's Class up items and Serenoa's Awakening Stones, among other rewards.
You can redeem these with the new board game's special currency, which can be used in the exchange tab.
Special Accessories: Choose Wisely
There are three new rare accessories available.
While the Vanguard Scarf is a must-have, the other two accessories are not recommended as they offer no real benefits.
How to Get Tickets
You can obtain tickets for the Conviction Game Board through the Memory Shard exchange.
The limit is 30 tickets per week, and each ticket costs just 5 shards. So, you'll need 150 Memory Shards each week to get all 30 tickets.
Meet the Characters: A Storyline Twist
What is Triangle Strategy?
First off, let's talk about Triangle Strategy.
It's another masterpiece from the same company who gave us Bravely Default and Octopath Traveler.
The game blends the same art style we love but spices things up with tactical RPG elements. There's even a free demo out on Switch, so you can try before you buy.
Who is who?
The characters featuring in this collab storyline include Serenoa, Frederica, and Roland, with Benedict making an appearance, though he won't be a banner unit.
There will be 4 new permanent boards themed around Triangle's Strategy cast: Serenoa, Frederica, Roland, and Benedict.
Each character brings a unique twist to the narrative.
Serenoa: A Permanent Freebie
The Perk of Logging In
Here's the kicker: Serenoa, the main character from Triangle Strategy, is a permanent login bonus.
Whether you log in now or months from now, you'll get him for free!
Serenoa is a fire warrior that can grant himself a double cast and can taunt enemies.
Classing Up Serenoa
Starting as a three-star unit, you can level up Serenoa to a five-star unit using the board game conviction medals.
Pro Tip: Serenoa's A4 Accessory
If you want a quick tip, aim to get Serenoa's A4 accessory as soon as possible.
It taunts all foes at the beginning of battles and imparts the wearer with 15% Physical Defense Up for 3 turns, helping you set up battle strategies that were only available with Edea's A4.
How To Efficiently Farm the Conviction Gameboard?
Choosing the Right Board for Maximum Medals
To ensure you're getting the most Medals of Conviction:
- Target the Highest Difficulty: Use the max amount of tickets possible, opt for enemy difficulty 5 and choose the level 80 board.
- The Secret Route is Key: After comparing Edoras route (top path) and Riven Castle (bottom path), the secret route emerges as the winner for maximum medals.
Unlocking the Secret Route
Navigating to the secret route might seem like a challenge, but follow these steps, and you'll be there in no time:
- Head to Riven Kingdom: The game will prompt you about the new hidden route, where you'll find flags 5 and 6.
- Achieve All Endings: Before the secret path is available, ensure you've completed all the endings from the previous boards. Ending A is on board 2, Ending B & C are on board 3 and Ending D & E are on the final board.
Navigating the Board: Tips and Tricks
- Avoiding Pitfalls: Certain tiles, like the "Incapacitated Ally", can halt your progress. Close and reopen the game to re-roll and avoid these unlucky tiles.
- Boss Battles: The check flag boss remains consistent and wastes the first action. With the right strategy, even at higher difficulties, this boss is manageable.
Maximizing Your Medal Earnings
To ensure you're getting the most out of every run:
- Target All Tile Enemies: They provide coins, which are essential for maximizing your medal count.
- Aim for High Enemy Difficulty: Try to hit a difficulty level of 10 for a 24x multiplier with eight tickets. In contrast, level 5 difficulty only offers a 16x multiplier.
Handling the Boss Battle
- Watch for Skills: The boss has an ability that forces the front row to swap back. Being prepared for this will save you from potential defeat.
- HP Running Low? Seek out the HP+ icon on the board. This life-saver will fully restore your team's HP.
- Retry Strategy: If the boss battle isn't going in your favor, simply close and reopen the game. This gives you another shot at victory without any penalties.
Closing Thoughts on Medal Earnings
While the outcome may vary, you're guaranteed a big sum of Conviction Medals:
- Minimum Earnings: Even on a less fortunate run, expect at least 50,000 medals.
- Top Runs: In optimal conditions, you can earn anywhere from 100,000 to 150,000 medals!
Banner Units: Frederica and Roland
The banner for this collab features only two units: Frederica and Roland.
Both share the same banner and with a 200 pity to summon.
There's also an individual paid banner step-up for each one of them. That means you're guaranteed to get the character you want if you reach step 5 on their respective banner.
Frederica's Ability Set and Buffs
Frederica is a fire scholar that bases her skillset on the Combust status ailment, and is currently the second unit after EX Fiore that has access to Combust.
Frederica used to be a so-so fire mage. Her strength was based on dealing fire damage and lowering fire resistance, but that's where her capabilities stopped.
But now? She's turned into one of the best enablers for any kind of elemental team in the game.
- Skill Tweaks: Frederica's Blazing Chains skill now hits twice and always lowers shield points while setting the enemy combusted for 3 turns. Her nuke and ultimate also got a potency boost when attacking combusted enemies, jumping from a 1.2x to a 1.5x multiplier.
- Passive Abilities: The real game-changer are her new passives. Not only does it extend the duration of the combustion she inflicts, but it also boosts all elemental damage and EAtk by 15% respectively for your entire front row when combusted enemy is present.
- A4 Accessory: Her A4 accessory comes with a 100 EAtk stat and has the ability to inflict combustion on all enemies at start of battle for 3 turns, plus raising another 15% the elemental damage and EAtk for the full front row when combusted enemy is present.
Roland's Ability Set and Buffs
Roland is a lightning merchant and the first unit using a horse in battles.
Roland also received some significant buffs. Before the buffs, Roland was a decent spear user with a unique but limited debuffing ultimate. He was often overshadowed by other spear units like Leon and Krauser, mainly because his damage output was somewhat lacking.
His updated kit includes a speed buff, better debuffing capabilities, and enhanced damage output:
- Speed Boost: The first thing you'll notice is his speed, which got a straight 50-point bump.
- Skill Enhancements: His spear AoE skill now not only sends him backward but also decreases the enemy's PDef and Polearm Resistance by 10% for 2 turns. His single-target attack has been reworked to benefit from his passive 'Opportune Attack,' adding an additional hit and boosting its power.
- Passive Buffs: Speaking of 'Opportune Attack,' it now also enhances Roland's PAtk by 15%, making him a more potent damage dealer.
- Ultimate Change: Roland's ultimate now debuffs the enemy's spear resistance by 20% for two turns (at U10), making it a useful skill in long battles.
These insane buffs make Roland is a must-have if you're building spear teams.
While he may not be a priority for A4 upgrading, getting him to U10 and A1 will significantly improve your spear-focused team's capabilities.
Extra Goodies: Don't Miss Out!
If you log in during the collab event, you'll receive up to 666 rubies and 20 Traveler's Sacred Seals.
Other bonuses include:
- 10 Frederica's and Roland's Guidestones per day
- Up to 40 Conviction's Gameboard tickets and 200 rubies for clearing all chapters of Conviction's Gameboard
- 500 Wisdom Orbs (Bronze), 200 Wisdom Orbs (Silver), 50 Wisdom Orbs (Gold), 10 Traveler's Sacred Seals and 300 Gold Guidestones for having Master of All completed.
- Extra rubies for a commemorative photo event
Easter Egg: Hidden Path
Last but not least, keep an eye out for a secret path in the board game.
Find it, and you'll face a familiar character from Triangle Strategy!
Conclusion: Time to Dive In!
Now you know how to make the most out of the Triangle Strategy Collaboration in Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent.
So, what are you waiting for?
Get in the game and start getting those rewards!