Welcome fellow adventurers!
Today we're gonna go into detail over the Dancer Training Tower in Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent.
This guide unveils everything you need to know about the trial, including enemy weaknesses, shield numbers, and strategies for both NORMAL and EX floors.
Let's get to it!
Mastering the Dancer Training Tower in Octopath Traveler: Champions of the Continent
Introduction to the Dancer Training Tower
What's the Dancer Training Tower?
It's a tower of challenges that only dancer characters can access, consisting of 5 floors.
Each level has both NORMAL and EX challenges to test your strength.
Dancer's Only, Please!
Here's a list of all available characters for this tower:
Timing is Everything
The trial lasts three weeks, with an extra week for exchanging Dancer Tokens while the Tower is closed.
Mark your calendar, so you don't miss out!
Rewards: What's in It for You?
Exclusive, Hard-to-Get Items
Clear the trial and collect Dancer Tokens to exchange for unique items like Glossom's Awakening Stone.
These are things you won't find anywhere else!
Most Important Items from the Exchange List
- Heroic Dancer's Emblem: 5000 Tokens (Can only be exchanged once). It's an accessory that raises Fan damage by 30%.
- Glossom's Awakening Stone: 2500 Tokens (Once per cycle). Keep in mind that Glossom's Awakening Stone can't be converted into Awakening Shards!
- Traveler's Sacred Seal: 100 Tokens (Once per cycle)
- Master's Fan: 200 Tokens (Once per cycle). Fan weapon to get more EXP from battles.
- Sacred Seal of the Lady of Grace: 1000 Tokens (Once per cycle). Use it to get a 4.5-star dancer character to a 5-star character.
- And a whole lot more like Wisdom Orbs, Fortune Tickets, Experience Nuts and Soul Crystals!
Floor Details: What are they Weak to?
- 1st Floor: Weak to Fan, Lightning, Wind, Dark
- 2nd Floor: Weak to Fan, Lightning, Light, Dark
- 3rd Floor: Weak to Fan, Fire, Ice, Lightning, Dark - Kiln the Cait only restores your BP
- 4th Floor: Lizardking is weak to Fan, Wind, Light, Dark. The two Lizardmen are weak to Fan, Fire, Ice, Wind, Light
- 5th Floor: Great Dancer is weak to Fan, Ice, Lightning, Dark. The two Apprentices are weak to Fan, Lightning, Wind, Dark + Fire and Light respectively.
EX Floors: The Real Challenge
- 1st to 3rd Floors EX: Similar to NORMAL, but tougher!
- 4th Floor EX: Focus on the two Lizardmen, and use AOE attacks!
- 5th Floor EX: Let's explore this challenge with a more in-depth guide.
Unraveling the Secrets of the Dancer's Training 5th Floor EX
The Great Dancer Challenge: A Closer Look
Strengths and Weaknesses
- Shield: A high 32-shield protection.
- Weaknesses: These include Fan, Ice, Lightning, and Dark.
The Disciples: Don't Ignore Them!
- First Disciple's Shield/Weaknesses: Shield of 12 with weaknesses to Fan, Fire, Lightning, Wind, and Dark.
- Second Disciple's Shield/Weaknesses: Shield of 12 and vulnerable to Fan, Lightning, Wind, Light, Dark.
Strategy Guide: Step-by-Step
Equipment, Items and Team Preparation
- HP Regen Items: Stock up on HP regen items for all travelers.
- Glossom's Advantage: No need for HP recovery items, thanks to his passive HP regen.
- Meena's Role: Consider her as a budget Hasumi for healing if you don't haver her.
- Anniversary Scarf: Ideal for Primrose to keep her upfront.
- SP Recovery: Essential for Primrose, Lynette, Mabel, and Glossom due to high skill costs.
- Fan of Fortune: If you got a PAtk-focused Fan, you can give it to Glossom to maximize his potential in this challenge.
The Battle Dance: Turn-by-Turn Strategy
Turn 1 & 2: Get those Buffs Up
- Turn 1: Focus on buffing PAtk & EATk with Lynette, PAtk & PDef with Glossom and EDef with Harley.
- Turn 2: Reach buff cap and extend PAtk & EAtk duration with Primrose, EDef with Mabel, and heal with Hasumi/Meena if needed.
Following Turns: Shield Shaving and Attack Strategy
- Main Strategy: Shave Apprentices shields with Primrose's and Harley's AoE.
- Backrow Caution: Main cast must stay upfront due to less defensive buffs in the backrow, at least the first few turns until the adds are down.
- Mabel's Ultimate: Use it to raise Wind Res for 2 turns, as the Great Dancer uses Wind attacks.
- Cap the Debuffs: Easy to achieve 30% PDef & EDef debuff on enemies using Primrose, Glossom, and Meena.
- Using Fabio's Ultimate: Only effective against adds and when the 3 enemies are broken, as it gives an extra buff from his ultimate.
- Once Adds Are Dead: Focus on the Great Dancer and watch her gimmicks.
The Great Dancer's Gimmicks: Know What to Expect
- Buff Cleansing: When she gets ready to attack, she'll cleanse all your team's buffs at the end of that turn.
- Physical or Elemental Resistance: Randomly chosen and can change several times (after breaks or at random turns). Keep alternating between Magical and Physical attacks.
- Charming Targets: Charms 3 random targets. Not too concerning, but be cautious on break turns. Can also be a pain if she charms your healer.
Here's an example fight from u/Bruni91 (an Octopath CotC Reddit Mod):
Primrose is your main DPS for this fight, she is crucial to clear it fast.
As always, Lynette is your main buffer and she is also crucial for this trial with her ultimate buff.
Harley is great for defeating the apprentices and debuffing PAtk from all enemies.
A healer to keep your team healthy. Hasumi is the best choice here but Meena can do the work. You can bring both if you need it.
Tithi is also a great addition to speed up the fight, although she is a limited Sacred Blaze unit.
4-star characters like Fabio, Meena, Mabel and Iris are all great for this fight, so bring them if you lack a few 5-stars.
For the record, here's the team I used to beat the Dancer Training Tower: