Xiangling, a formidable four-star character in Genshin Impact, stands out as one of the best Pyro DPS characters, offering unparalleled utility.
She's easily obtainable after completing floor 3 of the Spiral Abyss, making her a valuable asset for all players.
We'll explore her unique abilities, strengths, and how she synergizes with other characters to maximize her potential in gameplay.
Let's dive in!
Xiangling Guide: Best Builds and Team Compositions
General Playstyle and Talents
Elemental Skill: Guoba Attack
Summons Guoba who breathes fire, dealing Pyro damage to enemies.
Guoba's attacks offer decent AoE damage and are particularly useful for reducing Pyro resistance if you have her at C1.
Guoba generates Pyro particles, helping in energy regeneration.
Ideally used just before activating her Elemental Burst for optimal synergy and energy particle generation.
Elemental Burst: Pyronado
Unleashes a Pyro tornado that circles around the active character, dealing substantial Pyro damage.
Allows for constant Pyro application, perfect for reaction-heavy teams.
Pyronado maintains buffs acquired at the time of casting throughout its entire duration.
Activate after deploying other character's buffs to maximize damage output.
Elemental Burst: The highest priority, crucial for maximizing her DPS potential.
Elemental Skill: While not as critical as her burst, leveling up Guoba Attack enhances her overall damage and utility, especially for teams reliant on Pyro reactions.
Normal Attack: Generally the lowest priority, as her main contribution is Pyro DPS from her skills, not her basic attacks.
Best Artifact Sets and Stats
Crimson Witch of Flames
Increases Pyro damage and enhances Pyro-related elemental reactions like Overload, Burning, Vaporize, and Melt.
Boosting Xiangling’s Pyro damage, especially in teams focused on elemental reactions.
Emblem of Severed Fate
Increases Energy Recharge and boosts Elemental Burst damage based on Energy Recharge.
Enhancing her Elemental Burst, especially in energy-demanding team compositions.
Increases Xiangling’s attack power and boosts her normal attack damage.
A more general build, particularly if Xiangling is used as a main physical DPS.
Increases Attack power and boosts damage of normal, charged, and plunging attacks after using an Elemental Skill.
A more aggressive playstyle focusing on her skill and normal attacks.
Main Stats Priority
- Sands: ATK% or Energy Recharge (depending on team composition and energy needs).
- Goblet: Pyro Damage Bonus (to maximize her elemental damage).
- Circlet: Crit Rate or Crit Damage (balancing between these two for optimal DPS output).
Focus on Crit Rate, Crit Damage, Energy Recharge, and ATK%.
The priority can shift based on your main stat choices and team requirements.
Staff of Homa
Significantly boosts Crit Damage and provides an attack bonus based on HP.
Ideal for maximizing DPS.
A DPS-centric Xiangling, especially when paired with artifacts that complement Crit Rate.
Offers Energy Recharge, increased Crit Rate, and boosts Normal Attack Speed.
Balancing energy needs and DPS output, especially in teams where Xiangling’s Burst is crucial.
Provides a massive Energy Recharge boost and increases Attack based on Energy Recharge over a certain threshold.
Enhancing Elemental Burst uptime and DPS in energy-demanding team compositions.
Boosts Burst Damage and Crit Rate.
An excellent F2P option.
Enhancing Elemental Burst damage, available through Inazuma fishing.
Increases DMG of Normal and Charged Attacks after picking up an Elemental Orb/Particle.
A physical DPS build, especially effective in prolonged combat scenarios.
Increases damage against enemies affected by Hydro or Pyro.
Reaction-based teams, particularly effective in Vaporize or Melt compositions.
Increases Crit Rate and provides an Attack or Defense boost depending on the number of enemies nearby.
Versatile use in various team compositions, balancing Crit Rate and overall damage.
Increases Attack after defeating an enemy.
Situations with multiple enemies where the passive can be consistently activated.
Increases Normal and Charged Attack DMG after using Elemental Skill.
Enhancing normal attack damage post-skill use, good for a balanced playstyle.
Increases Normal Attack DMG.
Early-game players or when other options are not available.
Xiangling as Main DPS
- Hydro Sub-DPS (e.g., Xingqiu or Tartaglia): For triggering consistent Vaporize reactions.
- Anemo Support (e.g., Venti, Sucrose, or Kazuha): For grouping enemies and spreading elemental effects, enhancing reaction potential.
- Flexible Slot (e.g., Bennett for Healing and ATK Buff): Provides additional support through healing and buffs.
Xiangling as Main/Sub DPS
- Electro Sub-DPS (e.g., Fischl, Beidou, or Raiden Shogun): To trigger Overload reactions.
- Anemo Support (e.g., Sucrose or Kazuha): To enhance reaction damage and control enemy positioning.
- Healer or Utility Character (e.g., Diona or Bennett): For survivability and/or attack buffs.
Xiangling as Sub-DPS
- Cryo Main DPS (e.g., Ganyu, Chongyun, or Ayaka): For triggering Melt reactions with Xiangling's Pyro application.
- Anemo Support (e.g., Venti or Kazuha): For crowd control and reaction enhancement.
- Healer/Support (e.g., Qiqi, Diona, or Bennett): To provide healing and/or buffs.
National Team (Pyro-based Team)
Xiangling as Sub-DPS
- Hydro Support (e.g., Xingqiu): For Hydro application and additional damage.
- Pyro Main DPS (e.g., Hu Tao or Diluc): For consistent Pyro damage output.
- Bennett: As a healer and ATK booster, enhancing overall team performance.
Physical DPS Team (Less Common)
Xiangling with Crescent Pike as Main DPS
- Superconduct Enabler (e.g., Kaeya or Rosaria): To reduce enemy physical resistance.
- Utility/Support (e.g., Fischl or Raiden Shogun): For energy generation and additional damage.
- Healer (e.g., Diona or Qiqi): Provides healing and Cryo resonance for increased CRIT Rate.
C1: Crispy Outside, Tender Inside
Enemies hit by Guoba's attacks have their Pyro RES reduced by 15% for 6s.
Enhances team's Pyro damage, especially beneficial in Pyro-centric teams and reaction-based compositions.
C2: Oil Meets Fire
The last attack in Xiangling's Normal Attack sequence applies the Implode status onto the enemy for 2s.
An explosion will occur once this duration ends, dealing 75% of Xiangling's ATK as AoE Pyro DMG.
Adds more AoE Pyro damage, useful for additional burst but generally less impactful due to her role as an off-field DPS.
Pyronado's duration is increased by 40%.
Extends Pyronado's uptime, allowing for more consistent Pyro application and damage, and synergizes well with reaction setups.
C6: Condensed Pyronado
For the duration of Pyronado, all party members receive a 15% Pyro DMG Bonus.
Provides a significant boost to the entire team's Pyro damage, particularly powerful in Pyro-focused teams or when Xiangling is used to strengthen other Pyro characters.
Xiangling is a versatile, powerful Pyro DPS with a straightforward playstyle and significant impact in various team compositions.
With the right build and strategy, she can be a game-changer in your roster.