Arknights remains a giant in the gacha gaming scene, especially in Asia.
Whether you're a veteran or a newbie, understanding how to spend your Originite Prime (OP) can make or break your game.
This guide goes into the best ways to use this premium currency.
How to Optimize Your OP in Arknights: A Guide for Free-to-Play Players
What Is OP and Why Is It Crucial?
The Nature of OP
- Definition: Originite Prime (OP) is the premium currency in Arknights.
- Real Money & In-Game Resources: OP bridges real-world money and in-game assets. However, the flow is one-sided; you can't convert in-game resources back into OP.
Spending OP: A Multifaceted Approach
- Orundum: The primary in-game resource for gacha rolls.
- Conversion: 1 OP can be converted into 180 Orundum.
- Cost: Each pull costs roughly $1.62 or 3-4 OP.
Skins: Aesthetic Upgrades
Types of Skins:
- Basic skins (15 OP)
- Skins with unique animations (18 OP)
- Skins with animations and special live 2D artwork (21 OP)
- Future skins may cost up to 24 OP
- Sanity: Consumable energy in Arknights.
- No Cap: You can use OP to refill sanity with no cap, making progression faster and easier.
How to Earn OP
- Premium Currency: OP can be purchased with real money.
- Story Mode: 1 OP per 3-star clear and an additional OP for challenge mode clears.
- Event Stages: Similar rewards to story mode.
- Rare Occurrences: Sometimes, maintenance may yield OP as compensation.
Optimal Spending Strategies for F2P Players
Why Skins Should be Your Top Priority
Skins are unique cosmetic items that you can only purchase with OP.
Unlike gacha rolls, there's no alternative currency for them.
Skins offer a personal connection to your characters, enhancing the overall gaming experience.
A well-chosen skin can make gameplay more enjoyable.
Some skins are event-exclusive or time-limited, making them rare commodities.
If you miss out, you might have to wait a long time for a rerun.
Gacha Rolls: The Risky Business
Spending OP on rolls is not only expensive but also doesn't guarantee the characters you want.
With each pull costing 3-4 OP, it's easy to empty your OP reserves fast.
Orundum, the main resource for gacha rolls, can be earned through gameplay.
Weekly missions, event participation, and daily tasks can build up a substantial Orundum stash.
Discipline Pays Off
Be selective about the banners you pull from.
Avoid rage pulling and random pulls on every banner.
Stick to the ones featuring characters that will genuinely benefit your lineup.
Sanity Refreshes: A Double-Edged Sword
Sanity refreshes can speed up your progress, allowing you to farm more materials and level up your characters faster.
However, the game rewards strategic play.
Rushing through can often mean you miss out on learning valuable strategies, which can be more beneficial than a strong character roster.
No Competitive Pressure
Arknights is not PvP; it’s a single-player experience where understanding strategy is better than progression speed.
There's no need to rush your progress to compete with other players.
Summing Up: The F2P Game Plan
- First, save your OP for skins. They're the only items you can't get through other means and offer personal satisfaction.
- Second, be disciplined with gacha rolls. Use Orundum earned through gameplay for this and keep your OP for more critical needs.
- Finally, avoid sanity refreshes. They offer short-term gains but can break your strategic long-term growth in the game.
Your OP is a valuable asset.
Treat it as such, and you'll find that you can have a rich Arknights experience without breaking the bank.
Arknights isn't a sprint; it's a marathon.
Your OP should be spent wisely, prioritizing long-term benefits over short-term gains.
As a F2P player, focusing on skins is the way to go. Play smart, manage your resources, and let strategy be your guide.