Are you new to NIKKE or perhaps just considering diving into the game?
You've landed in the right place!
This comprehensive beginner's guide will walk you through essential tips and tricks to ensure a smooth start into Nikke: Goddess of Victory.
The Ultimate NIKKE Starter Guide
Nikke has steadily garnered attention, especially with the ongoing Nikke X Nier collaboration.
With the game's first anniversary approaching, there's no better time for newcomers to join the community.
Kick-start Your Game with Rerolls
Before immersing yourself, consider rerolling to optimize your starting lineup.
Here's a simple breakdown:
Rerolling helps you get a head start by securing powerful characters early on.
How to Reroll and Top Characters to Aim for?
Check out our detailed guide on rerolling in Nikke.
Understanding Nikke's Systems: The Synchro Slot System
Unique to Nikke, this system ensures most of your characters level up together.
- Only level up five characters at a time. Avoid wasting resources on more.
- The 'Synchro Slot' system ensures all other characters align with the level of the lowest among your top five.
The 160 Wall Challenge
One of the main hurdles new players face is the 160 wall , which means passing the 160 level.
Passing this level requires characters to undergo 'Max Limit Break' (MLB).
Here’s what you need to know:
- Characters must reach three stars for MLB.
- You need four copies of the same character to achieve this.
- This only applies to SSR characters, because SR characters can only reach 2 stars.
Your main objective is getting 5 characters to 3 stars, but it won't be easy.
Fortunately, there are some tricks to bypass this challenge, like the Wishlist System.
Nikke's Wishlist System and Banners
The Essence of Banners
In Nikke, banners are essentially the spotlighted events where players can recruit characters.
There are typically three banners in play:
Pick Up Banner: This banner uses a unique Advanced Recruit Voucher for pulls. Each pull contributes to the 'Gold Mileage Ticket', a valuable currency. Accumulating 200 of these lets you pity a character from the mileage shop, like Nier collab units.
Ordinary Recruit or Wishlist Banner: As the primary source of duplicates for new players, this banner uses the standard Recruit Vouchers. Although pulls from this banner don't contribute to the Gold Mileage Ticket, they do count towards the Silver Mileage Ticket. 200 Silver Tickets can be exchanged for a 'spare body'. However, you still need to pull that character first to be able to use the spare body. The shop's rotation changes daily, so it's essential to check often and grab the necessary spare bodies when they appear.
Special Collaboration Banners (like the Nikke X Nier collaboration): These banners are time-limited and often introduce characters from other IPs like Nier Automata.
Mastering the Wishlist System
The Wishlist is a game-changer, especially for beginners.
The Wishlist allows you to handpick and focus on 15 characters—five from each faction (Elysion, Missiles Industry, Tetra Line).
When pulling from the Wishlist banner, there's a higher likelihood that one of these selected characters will appear.
Strategies for Setting Up Your Wishlist
- Target Duplicates: After your initial rerolls, your Wishlist should prioritize duplicates of the SSR characters you've secured. For example, if you've got 'Rupee' and 'Liter', ensure both are on your Wishlist.
- Consider Game Progress: When you're given a free character like 'Privaty', given to all players on day seven, add them to your Wishlist to increase the chance of getting their duplicates, helping in bypassing the 160 wall.
- Exceptions to Avoid: While characters like 'Dolla' and 'Alice' are meta, they might not be optimal for your Wishlist. The reason? Their duplicates or 'spare bodies' don't rotate in the mileage shop, making it harder to achieve Max Limit Break with them.
The Body Label Shop: What to Buy?
For beginners, the best purchase from the Body Label Shop is the High-Quality Mold.
Though it doesn’t guarantee an SSR every time, it’s a chance worth taking.
The pool from which this mold draws is huge, so while the chances of getting an SSR are tempting, remember that it doesn't include certain exclusive units like Pilgrim ones.
Spare Body Selection Box: Use It Wisely
Upon leveling a character to 141, you will receive a valuable 'Spare Body Selection Box'.
Make sure to claim it from the 'Challenge Tab' first.
This item should be your last resort in surpassing the 160 wall.
To Wrap it Up
As the world of Nikke continues to expand with collaborations and anniversaries, there's much to explore and enjoy.
This guide serves as a stepping stone for your journey.
Whether you're a seasoned player or a complete newbie, Nikke promises an immersive experience.